Florida is a hotbed for motorsports of all kinds. NASCAR, Formula 1, Supercross, drag racing… the Sunshine State has it all. During February, while northern tracks are still socked in with snow and ice, the Florida racing season is shifting into high gear.
Sit back, buckle up and let’s take a look at the upcoming racing scene around the state.
Daytona International Speedway
7 races, 9 days, 4 racing series, 1 track—February means Speedweeks and the start of a new racing season at Daytona International Speedway!
Ladies and gentlemen… start the excitement… on February 10 with Speedweeks. If you haven’t visited Daytona International Speedway since its $400 million massive renovation (DAYTONA Rising), then you are in for a very pleasant surprise. The speedway is now the world’s only motorsports stadium, and it comes replete with escalators, elevators, tons of concessions and bathrooms, and more than 100,000 really, really comfortable seats.
For tickets to any event, visit daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call (800) 748-7467.
2018 Daytona International Speedway Racing Schedule
- 10 – 55th annual Lucas Oil 200 Driven By General Tire (ARCA Racing Series)
- 11 – 40th annual Advance Auto Parts Clash (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series)
- Daytona 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series)
- 15 – Can-Am Duel Monster Energy (NASCAR Cup Series)
- 16 – 19th annual NextEra Energy Resources 250 (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series)
- 17 – 60th annual PowerShares QQQ 300 (NASCAR XFINITY Series)
- 18 – 60th annual Daytona 500 (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series)
- 9-18 – Bike Week At Daytona
- 10 – Daytona Monster Energy Supercross
- 11-12 – 9th Annual Ricky Carmichael Daytona Amateur Supercross
- 13 – 4th Annual FLY Racing ATV Supercross
- 15 – Daytona TT AMA PRO Racing/American Flat Track Events
- 16-18 – Championship Cup Series (CCS) and American SportBike Racing Association (ASRA) races
- 17 – 77th Daytona 200
- 25-27 – Country 500 – The Great American Music Fest at Daytona
- 6 – 60th annual Coca-Cola Firecracker 250 (NASCAR XFINITY Series)
- 7 – 60th annual Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series)
The 77th annual Daytona Bikeweek will take place March 9-18. Bikeweek celebrates all things motorcycle. The entire month of March is dedicated to cycle races at the Daytona International Speedway, culminating in the Daytona 200 on March 17. With crowds one half million strong, Bikeweek has Daytona Beach bursting at the seams, so it has spilled over into Ormond Beach, Port Orange, Ponce Inlet, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach and Bunnell. Bikeweek is the largest motorcycle festival on America’s East Coast.
For more information, visit daytonabikeweek.com.
Raymond James Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, hosts the Monster Energy AMA Supercross on February 24. This event will feature some of the best supercross riders in the world. The Monster Series only visits Florida twice in 2018, with the second set of races being held at the Daytona International Speedway March 10.
The Monster Energy AMA Supercross kicks off the racing season and takes place inside a stadium or arena on a man-made course filled with jumps and turns. The premier event is one 20-lap race that decides the champion. The Supercross series consists of 17 races that take place from January through May.
For more information or to buy tickets, visit raymondjamesstadium.com or call (813) 350-6500.
Ocala Bubba Raceway
Bubba Raceway Park features clay-track sprint races on a 3/8-mile tract replete with grandstand and pit access.
2018 Bubba Army Winter Nationals
February Racing Schedule
- 1-3 – 410 Winged Sprints ALL STAR CIRCUIT OF CHAMPIONS
- 8 – USCS 360 Winged Outlaw Sprints Practice
- 9-10 – USCS 360 Winged Outlaw Sprints Lucas Oil POWRi Midget Sprints
- 11 – Lucas Oil Late Models Bubba Army Winter Nationals
- 14 – USAC Amsoil National Sprint Cars Practice
- 15-17 – USAC Amsoil National Sprint Cars Bilstein Mod Lite Stars
- 21 – NeSmith Dirt Late Models practice
- 22-24 – NeSmith Dirt Late Models
Visit bubbaracewaypark.com or call (352) 622-9400 for ticket prices.
The 22nd annual Leesburg Bikefest, billed as the World’s Largest Three-Day Motorcycle and Music Event, will take place April 27-29. This entertainment extravaganza is packed into 30 blocks of downtown Leesburg. It includes more than 60 concerts, 200 vendors, amazing bike shows, five hotbody contests, five different venues and will host a quarter million visitors.
Music events and bike shows will be held at the Rat’s Hole Bar, Canal Street Square, the Swamp, Towne Square, the Palace, Lucky-U Saloon and Life Stream Square. The event is free, but you may have to pay for parking. Multiple parking lots are available, and Bikefest Shuttle Services will operate from morning to night from various locations throughout town for a $1 fee.
For more information call (352) 365-0053.
Volusia Speedway Park
Volusia Speedway Park is located in Barberville and has a 1/2-mile oval dirt track. The DIRTcar Nationals will be held there February 6-17.
- 6 – UMP Modifieds Sprint Car open practice
- 7-8 – All Star Circuit of Champions Sprints UMP Modifieds
- 9 – World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series UMP Modified Triple 20’s
- 10 – World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series UMP Modified Gator Qualifying 1
- 11 – World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series UMP Modified Gator Qualifying 2
- 12 – DIRTcar Late Models UMP Modified Gator Championship
- 13 – DIRTcar Late Models SDS Big Block Modifieds
- 14-17 – World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Models SDS Big Block Modifieds