When Lisa Johnson set out to update the exterior of the Ocala home that had once belonged to her husband’s grandfather, she wanted to honor the original ranch style while incorporating a few twists that stopped prospective buyers in their tracks.
- Painting the brick was a no-brainer to update the house and make it feel more modern. I chose a paint color that was blue gray.
- The custom pergola over the garage door, the cypress accents over the windows and a new front door that was stained to match the cypress completed the architectural elements needed for curb appeal.
- When painting an exterior, consider painting the brick steps to match the house. It provides a cohesive, finished look.
- Removing the closed-in porch, adding the cypress posts and wrapping the header in cypress created a welcoming entryway.
- All the cypress was stained and sealed to help the wood maintain its original color through Florida’s hot and wet weather. Using a sealer alone can cause the finish to crack.