Test anxiety is not limited to teenagers cramming for their SATs. As early as elementary school, young children can start feeling the pressure of tests and assessments. Follow these tips to tackle test anxiety at any age.
- Develop good study habits and review the material thoroughly before the test.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Don’t take a test on an empty stomach.
- Read the test directions carefully.
- There is no reward for finishing the test first. Take your time.
- After the test, review how you did.
- Take note of how you can improve for your next exam.